Christmas Recipe | Tamarind Roasted Salmon
LEGO Play Zone Fun!
Christmas Recipe | Glazed Fig Ham
Christmas Recipe | Roast Cauliflower
Christmas gift guide
Christmas trading hours
30,000 families need your help this Christmas
10 Ways to Use Less Plastic | The Source Bulk Foods
Share your feedback & WIN
Keep your Christmas lunch fresh with seafood and a crisp salad!
- 100g jar of tamarind purée
- 2 stalks lemongrass, woody layers removed and sliced
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3cm ginger root, grated
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 700g piece of salmon, skin on
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra to toss
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Handful of picked coriander
- Handful of picked mint
- 2 small granny smith apples
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the tamarind, lemongrass, chilli, ginger and palm sugar together in a small bowl. Put the salmon on an oiled piece of foil or a banana leaf. Brush a thick layer of the sauce over the salmon and pop in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- To make the dressing, whisk the garlic, chilli and sugar together in a small bowl with the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Thinly slice the apples and toss in a bowl with a little extra lime juice. Add the shallots, coriander, mint, tomato, peanuts and dressing and mix well. Serve immediately with the warm salmon.